Thursday 13 March 2014

First Glimpse of Spring

spring flowers in the park
What a fabulous sunshiny day today!

I decided to head out for a walk at lunchtime in the local park to breathe in the Spring air.

Whilst walking through the woods and listening to the birds, I was thinking about how to proceed with this blog.

It's not my first blog, but the one that is most personal.

I'm not planning to talk about my work here, which is covered on other blogs, and I'm pretty well-known in that community.

Here, I'm incognito, although perhaps one day I'll be exposed...in a good way, of course :), hopefully not any time soon.

crossing the bridge
On this blog, I just want to be ME, writing about what I'm going through in my personal life.

About crossing that bridge.

My innermost thoughts and feelings.

It feels so good to be unknown. Not having to wear a mask. Starting afresh on Twitter and Google+ without the support of my existing followers...

Not all my posts will be happy-go-lucky. Perhaps many of them will be dark and raw.

But rather than drowning in doom and gloom, I will always endeavour to let the light in. Embracing hope, faith and optimism.

I'm not seeking fame and fortune with this blog, not even a large readership.

What I write here is mainly for my own well-being. But if my writing helps you in any way, dear reader, then that would make me happy indeed.

For me, writing is therapy. I'm introvert and thoughtful by nature and thrive on solitude.

Occasionally, I do go out to connect with my fellow human beings and to experience some noise.

But I'm always happy to submerge back into my own private ocean.

Not surprisingly, I'm self-employed working from home :)

And it doesn't come as a surprise either that it's hard for me to find a mate...but more on my fun with internet dating later...;)

For now, I'm feeling good. A kind of melancholy contentment. That's really not bad for me at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment