Saturday 22 March 2014

How To Feel Alive

the day I broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life
In my previous post I mentioned the yearning to feel alive again, and last night it suddenly came to me that I experience special moments every day that make me feel alive.

These moments are nothing grand; they don't need to involve a holiday on a tropical island or passionate intimacy with a transient lover.

No, most of these moments I experience on my own, sometimes with family or friends.

The trick is to be more aware of them, mindfully going about my daily business and recognising those precious moments popping up like little miracles:

  • that delicious cup of coffee after lunch warming my hands
  • the robins building their nest in the ivy on the house wall again
  • the next door neighbour's cat watching but thankfully forever out of reach
  • the new exciting project I'm working on
  • having great conversations with friends Friday night in the local pub
  • the first warm days of Spring
  • the brisk, solitary walk in the park
  • making an apple crumble and mixing the dough with my hands
  • I managed to crochet my first hat and it looks fab
  • my son coming home from school in the afternoon
  • candlelight in the evening while watching a great movie
  • listening to the song Happy by Pharrell Williams on the radio - great song, awesome video:




Some of these moments repeat, and new ones are experienced every day. They may be ordinary, but they are also magical at the same time. It's just a matter of mindfulness and perception.

What are your ordinary magical moments that make you feel alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment